WHO sets 6 conditions for ending a coronavirus lockdown
Any government that wants to start lifting restrictions must first meet six conditions, said World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- Disease transmission is under control
- Health systems are able to “detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact”
- Hot spot risks are minimized in vulnerable places, such as nursing homes
- Schools, workplaces and other essential places have established preventive measures
- The risk of importing new cases “can be managed”
- Communities are fully educated, engaged and empowered to live under a new normal
Support local. Donate today to Kalamazoo's only locally owned and independent daily news organization.