WHO sets 6 conditions for ending a coronavirus lockdown
Any government that wants to start lifting restrictions must first meet six conditions, said World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- Disease transmission is under control
- Health systems are able to “detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact”
- Hot spot risks are minimized in vulnerable places, such as nursing homes
- Schools, workplaces and other essential places have established preventive measures
- The risk of importing new cases “can be managed”
- Communities are fully educated, engaged and empowered to live under a new normal
Thank you to LAKE EFFECT for supporting independent local news for Kalamazoo County. Founded by patients and caregivers from Kalamazoo, LAKE EFFECT takes pride in its local roots. Open seven days a week, with a full line of products for both Recreational and Medical patients.
NowKalamazoo is supported by WMUK Public Media. Offering news and conversation from NPR at 102.1FM and classical music & local arts at 89.9FM. Celebrating 70 years of public radio excellence!
Listen on the radio dial or smart speaker, stream online at wmuk.org, or on the WMUK app for mobile devices.