Sponsors: Go Beyond Brand Recognition
Why Sponsor NowKalamazoo?
- Increase civic engagement and improve public policymaking.
- Enhance the local economy.
- Combat local misinformation and disinformation.
- Associate yourself and your company with the high standards, ideals, and mission of independent local journalism.
- Our community deserves and benefits from a local journalistic pillar that is fully committed as both watchdog and cheerleader.
- Our journalism is free for the community to read – but it costs to produce it.
NowKalamazoo readers care about the community – and care about independent local news. Become a sponsor and demonstrate your active support of high quality news from our community and dedication to a bedrock of our democracy.
From our start covering the homelessness crisis in 2019, to the pandemic, racism and injustice, and misinformation, NowKalamazoo digs into issues that are important to our community. Your sponsorship support helps us grow in 2021.
Here’s how it works. No noisy banner ads or interrupting our readers. Our readers turn to NowKalamazoo for a reason – and sponsoring NowKalamazoo puts your message in front of that dedicated audience.
We thank you for your support by name and description, and tell readers where to find out more about you – which inherently leads to corporate/institutional positioning, and brand loyalty and awareness.
Our unique sponsor messaging format will reflect the same quality and tone of our news content, and integrate seamlessly with reader consumption habits that engages them on their terms.
Plus! This isn’t advertising. It is a tax-deductible charitable donation that comes with the added benefit of a sponsorship message.
NowKalamazoo sponsors’ message are published three ways: embedded in our website, within our e-newsletter, and on social media.
Embedded in all of our stories: As a reader begins our story, the next line they read is yours. The message for our readers is displayed high within the text of every news story on our website, and includes information and a hyperlink to your website for more information. NowKalamazoo publishes a minimum of 15 stories per week.
Featured in the daily newsletter: Sponsorship messaging and brand is displayed with the same format as the regular story content of our morning newsletter. NowKalamazoo’s morning newsletter is emailed at least five times per week.
Promoted on social media: Each day, your brand and messaging is announced to our followers across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NowKalamazoo offers sponsorship packages and à la carte rates.
Your sponsorship announcement is published with every news story on our website, for five days in our email newsletter, and once per day on each of our social media outlets.
- 1 week: $1,350
- 2 weeks: $2,600
- 3 weeks: $3,750 (Minimum 105 different audience interactions)
À la carte
Your sponsorship announcement is published through one of our media channels: Website, Newsletter, or Social Media.
- 1 week: $600
- 2 weeks: $1,100
- 3 weeks: $1,500
Public Radio Partnership
Contact NowKalamazoo’s Publisher Ben Lando for all sponsorship inquiries.
NowKalamazoo can help sponsors craft their message, keeping within legal requirements and our in-house guidelines. Sponsorship messages are around 30 words along with the sponsor’s logo and may:
- Describe your business or organization.
- Identify facilities, services, products, or product lines (no more than a total of three mentions per announcements).
- Describe your corporate mission.
- Inform the public of events you sponsor.
- Include a corporate slogan, so long as it is not flagrantly promotional.
- Include a website, phone number, and street address of your business.
- Indicate the number of years you have been in business.
- Include the name of a nonprofit organization you support, though it must be clear that you are providing the funding for the announcement.
As a start-up news organization, we are building up our analytical dataset and will make it available once our audience benchmarking is complete.
- Our readers live or work in Kalamazoo County.
- Our readers care about their community and believe in civic engagement.
- Readers who trust what we provide is beneficial to their lives.
Transparency is Important
NowKalamazoo is trusted and independent. We are a non-partisan news organization. We do not produce editorials or support any candidate or party, and we do not accept sponsorship or underwriting from political parties, candidates, campaigns, or affiliated entities such as political action committees, etc. We do not permit sponsor’s messages to include falsehoods, mis-information or dis-information. Lastly, we do not sell any of our readers’ or sponsors’ information.